Prevent costly and hazardous spills when AODD pump diaphragms fail. The fully pneumatic SPILLSTOP system safely captures leaked product and automatically shuts down failed pumps to eliminate costly product loss and prevent hazardous spills. Optional warning alarm and backup pump switchover further minimize system downtime for maximum productivity.
Stop the spill before it happens.
- Compatible with all air operated diaphragm pumps from 1/4″ (6.35mm) to 4” (101.6mm)
- Attaches directly to air operated diaphragm pump exhaust
- Fully pneumatic – no batteries or electronics required
- Optional warning alarm and backup pump switchover
- Wide range of standard and ATEX certified models in stock – custom models on request
Can you afford not to own it?
Unmonitored spills are very costly considering the expense of product loss, system downtime, hazardous cleanup and EPA reporting. By preventing a single spill, the product savings alone would more than pay for your investment in SPILLSTOP.
To increase effectiveness, equip your SPILLSTOP with an optional warning alarm whistle, backup switch and additional pump shutoff valves for multiple pumps or high suction tank applications.
- A 3,000 gallon spill was prevented after SPILLSTOP units were installed by a major paint manufacturer on all AODD pumps in their transfer facility.
- SPILLSTOP prevented multiple spills when pump diaphragms ruptured at a US chemical plant, savings $20,000 to $100,000 per spill in hazardous waste cleanup costs.
AODD Pumps & Plant Safety
What happens when pump diaphragms fail?
As anyone familiar with the function of an AODD pump can attest, pump diaphragms fail. When they do, process fluid is expelled through the pump’s air exhaust port, spilling into the environment. Spills can result in significant expense due to lost product, hazardous material cleanup, EPA reporting and system downtime. Worse, spills resulting from pump diaphragm failure put employees at serious risk.
Case in point: a major chemical manufacturer was using a 1” AODD pump to transfer caustic from a holding tank to a process tank when the pump’s diaphragm ruptured. At that moment, a plant worker happened to be standing next to the pump and was critically injured when doused with caustic. Tragically, this accident could have been avoided with BLACOH’s SPILLSTOP leak prevention and spill containment system.
SPILLSTOP is a fully pneumatic device that attaches directly to the exhaust of an AODD pump. When pump diaphragms fail, process fluid that would have spilled out through the pump’s exhaust is captured in the SPILLSTOP’s internal receptacle. The contained fluid raises a float switch to automatically shut down the failed pump. SPILLSTOP can also be equipped with an optional warning alarm whistle and backup pump switchover. By installing this simple, cost-effective device you can significantly improve plant safety wherever AODD pumps are at work.